Studies show that 74% of Americans want to eat foods without pesticides. Contrary to what most people believe, “organic” does not necessarily mean “pesticide-free” or “chemical-free”. Certified Organic farmers are allowed to use a wide variety of EPA registered and approved, “less toxic,” most being of natural origin, chemical sprays and powders on their crops.
Just like conventional farmers, organic farmers cannot afford to lose their entire crop to insects and while they do their best to use safer, more sustainable methods of farming, they sometimes need to use pesticides. Certified Organic food is not guaranteed to be free of all pesticides, and you, the consumer, need to be aware of that fact and act accordingly.
Some More Food for Thought…
There are also many ways that conventional, toxic pesticides and chemicals can unintentionally poison “Certified Organic” produce.
- Certified Organic produce is often stored at the wholesale markets in the same containers as conventional produce. Those containers, when empty, are sprayed with conventional, toxic pesticides to keep them bug free therefore making it possible for cross contamination.
- The trucks that Certified Organic produce is transported in are also sprayed with conventional, toxic pesticides to keep them bug free when empty, can contaminate Certified Organic produce.
- At a retail store, Certified Organic produce is unloaded from trucks and stored with the conventional produce. Occasionally, it is confused by an inexperienced stock person and placed for sale with the Certified Organic produce.
- A Certified Organic farm can become contaminated with conventional, toxic pesticides by wind, or rain run-off, or over spray from a conventional farm that may be nearby
You may be surprised to learn very little of what’s on those fruits and vegetables actually comes off when you simply rinse or rub them under running water. By washing with KD Gold RTU Fruit and Veggie Wash, you naturally cut through chemical residues and wax to leave fruits and vegetable truly clean .
Our 100% non-toxic, plant-based formula safely and effectively removes:
– Toxic pesticides and chemical residues
– Handling Oils
– Bacteria and surface contaminants
(found on both conventionally and organically grown produce).
By choosing organic produce, consumers can lower their exposure to pesticides. You can reduce your exposure even more by using KD Gold RTU Fruit and Vegetable Wash.
Wash your produce even if you’re going to peel it. Organic produce may carry a lighter risk of contamination, but unless you’ve grown and picked it yourself you can’t be 100% sure.
It is important to read all labels and make sure that the five-digit SKU number begins with a 9 indicating it is Certified Organic.
Buy from local farmers markets, and ask growers what forms of pest control they use.
Avoid containers and packaging that contaminate food with two common toxic chemicals – BPA and PFC’s. Choose glass containers over cans whenever possible.
Our All Natural KD Gold RTU Fruit and Veggie Wash leaves no taste or odor behind, and fruits and veggies stay fresh up to 2-3 times longer than usual.
Check out all of our effective, yet gentle Ready-To-Use and Concentrate products. Or call 888-759-7256 to request your FREE concentrate sample, or for more information about our products.